Friday, September 30, 2011

Paragraph 1:
I think the song "The Garden" by Tribal Seeds is important because it relates to the usage of marijuana and not exactly making it legal but talking about how they are going to smoke it anyways even tho it is illegal. There is a controversy going on wether to make marijuana legal or to keep it banded. The song in general is not creating any trouble but it is promoting that there is nothing wrong with smoking and a personal choice. It is also part of an ongoing trend that is growing and getting more popular in the new generation. The song does not say much about America, but is just focusing on the misunderstanding of marijuana and saying that there is not a problem with it and it should be okay. Also that people are going to do it even though it is illegal and it is all over there is no secret that people smoke marijuana.

Paragraph 2:
"The Garden"-by Tribal Seeds

"Sensimilla is a gift from jah
I will not follow your man made law
Nah cause no trouble with jah herb in me pipe
Yes fire me up and yes me feel alright
Blaze up the green when me feeling the blues
To plant tribal seeds is what I and I choose
Never disraspect i will never abuse
It is laws of the book, I follow the rules
In I herbal garden is a sweet medicine for me
In I herbal garden is what inspired this melody"

This is an excerpt from the song and it really explains itself and the point that is trying to get across.

Paragraph #3
The bottom line of the story is that people are going to smoke even though it is illegal. Even the lyrics of the song talk about not following "your man made law." It something that people want to do and are going to do and there is really no stopping it. Look at alcohol, people get alcohol poisoning, people get sick, people black out, there is a lot of accidents because of drunk driving, etc. So if alcohol is legal why shouldn't marijuana?

2 comments:

Shawn Jenkins said...

This post is a great idea and challenges the idea of alcohol vs marijuana. good choice.

k.walsh said...

Marijuana is becoming more popular throughout the new generations and there is no way to stop that. People should really look at what is more dangerous, smoking or drinking.